yarns were about 12 WPI, woollen spun. Handspun was spun by me to match the millspun. Originally to be a scarf, found it was too itchy, so made a doorsnake out of it (draft stopper), stuffed with rocks and neppy scoured wool.
Resized the blocks to suite my thicker yarn and layout desired: if you call Basketweave C, left-leaning B, and right-leaning C, I used:
12 ends A, 16 ends C, 12 ends B, 12-A, 16-C, 12-B, 12-A, 16-C, 12-B
Beat it a bit too tightly -- the patterns were mostly obscured/weft dominant.
Started out on my Ashford table loom, sett 6 EPI, too loose and not enjoying the loom, so I took it off and put it on the Baby Wolf.
Hi Amelia! What an interesting experiment and great idea for some of those coarser handspun yarns.
What a good idea! I see a couple of these in my future. :)
The judge's remarks at the county fair this year (it got a blue, and full points!) was that this was the most unusual handspun, handwoven item she'd seen as a fair entry :-) and also that it did work better as a draft stopper than a scarf (too itchy by far).