Gail is back- some success, another EQUIPMENT FAIL
Dear Determined Weavers,
I have been away from my loom for awhile, I was knitting slipper socks for my BIL for Christmas- I am relieved to report that they were a SUCCESS! Now i have the courage to return to my overshot placemat threading error, and after such a long hiatus, I was dreading the confusion of a forgotten threading pattern. To my surprise, I was able to get the threading corrected very quickly!! YAAA!!! I took a photo to show you that I fixed the error, which was on the left side of the warp, but i had a little Photo Fail, and cropped off the side of the warp that I fixed!
However, pride comes before the inevitable FALL/FAIL, which you see below. Threading error corrected, BUT when winding a new bobbin for the pattern thread, I grabbed one that is too fat for my shuttle. The bobbin is not overwound, the diameter is too large for the shuttle and will not turn. Since i cannot find where I "stored" my other shuttles, I am stuck using this one, so that means rewinding onto a regular tall thin bobbin and setting this thick "vintage" one aside so that I dont' commit the same FAIL again!
Happy New Year, all! XO Gail & Fog