What happened!!!!??????

Did none of the information on the other server not migrate over? What a waste of information!!!

Comments

Posted on Wed, 06/13/2018 - 03:40

I think we're looking at the new site.  I have admired the webmasters in the past for coping with a complex site without hard funding.  I am very sorry to say that I don't see anything usefull here. We'll see how this post goes.

Posted on Wed, 06/13/2018 - 11:01

This looks like it is going to be a new learning experence.

Posted on Wed, 06/13/2018 - 11:57

I agree with BWSD - most (my) "things" are lost, I can't find a way to "start a new topic"... Found this thread because it was at the bottom of the start page.

The other day I joined (again!) Coffee shop (group) - no way to start new topic (that I could find) - also it looks like the latest post is over 3 years old.

EDIT: also all kinds of formatting (linefeed, nothing more complicated) does nnot work with the standard setting (filtered html)

Posted on Wed, 06/13/2018 - 13:27

I could not find a way to start a new topic either, and when I click on "see recent posts" it takes me to a post from 2009 and I either have to go to the last page or resort the posts to see the latest.

Nicely put Michael - it will be a new learning experience (I hope).

If I were an advertizer, I would be upset about the lack of hyperlinks.

Teething pains I suppose.  When I previewed this comment, apparenly paragraph marks don't work either.

Posted on Fri, 06/15/2018 - 22:22

Hello All,

Erica and I are working very hard to get all of the content re-associated with their profiles. We are doing most of this manually, because we have had the framework for tis site built for 2 years and 2 developers fell through with the data migration. We decided to do the best we could ourselves. We are slowly re-associating content and re uploading photos. We understand the frustration, but the old site was getting worse and worse to maintain, as the CMS it was using was no longer supported.

Thank you for your patience.

Oli and Erica

Posted on Sat, 06/16/2018 - 00:30

I am sorry to hear that you lost your developers.  I think we all have to be patient.  One thing; what most people are interested in are recent posts.  Right now, these are hard to find.  Renaming them as "Feed" didn't help, and making me go to the last page instead of displaying them at once is also troiblesome.  Perhaps your developers did this without realizing what members look for.

It does look like it's easier to add picks, although when I tried to change my logo image, it didn't come out right, even though it was the same file I used to have.

Posted on Mon, 08/27/2018 - 20:04

i am having trouble finding pictures of the projects.  sometimes i can find a picture but it's ateeny tiny one, difficult to make out.  am i doing  something  wrong?

Posted on Sat, 06/16/2018 - 13:15

I can't speak for everyone, but I agree with BWSD - my first interest is to access the posts, and it is not very convenient to do that now.  How about a button on the home page to access the latest posts?

Thanks to Oli and Erica for all the hours you are investing in the new site.  I'm sure it will be great!

Posted on Sat, 06/16/2018 - 18:27

The feed/tracker page, where you go to see all posts is now correctly sorting. Thanks for the information on this issue.

Have a great day,

Erica

Posted on Sun, 06/17/2018 - 14:28

The purpose of the new layout is yo streamline access yo specific types of posts. Interested in new projects? Hover over Inspiration and choose projects. Drafts? Choose Drafts.

We kept the "tracker" for those who like it. However we know from our analytics that many people browse in different ways. Having the things in groups allows for better visual appeal as well.

Thanks for your input.

Posted on Sun, 06/24/2018 - 03:12

Not complaining at all Oli. I can't see most of my project photos, but I do have copies so I'm not worried about re uploading if they can't be migrated.  I had thought about deleting the projects and uploading them again, but I can't find how to do that.

I don't envy people who have to do this. I imagine it's overwhelming. I'm still learning. But I think overall it's a significant improvement over the old site. It'll just take some getting used to.  Thanks for your efforts.

TomZ

Posted on Sun, 06/24/2018 - 06:14

Tom Z,

Thank you so much for your understanding. It is quite a task and a shame we could not get the photos associated with the projects when they were migrated over. We very much appreciate people's patience and understanding as we reupload the photos (we still have the copies from the server). As they say many hands make light work, so if you have the time and inclination, we would love for you to reupload your photos.

We would very much apprecaite anyone who has the time to reupload their own photos, as it is a lengthy process. If you are able to reupload your own photos, the easiest way would be to hover over the My Studio link

click My projects

Then Click on a Project

Then Click the Edit tab (above the Project name)

Towards the bottom of the edit page there will be two sections to upload images. Use the Content Images section to upload multiple images. Use the Listing Item Image section to upload the "cover" photo, this is the photo that will display in the Projects Section, in My Projects, anywhere a project preview is shown. :)

Posted on Wed, 08/15/2018 - 10:17

Every time I tried signing on I was unable to do so even with new passwords. This morninbg I tried again and here I am. As I stated earlyer this is going to be a learning experence.

Posted on Thu, 08/16/2018 - 01:38

I too had problems finding things on the site.   Here are three things that may help:

1)  After poking around the site for a while I discovered that it doesn't want to display everything until AFTER one is logged in.

2)  The names of some of the menu items are not intuitive.  To find past e-mails one has to select COMMUNITY and then FEED.  One shouldn't have to hunt to find things.   The label "e-mails" might be a more informative choice than "Feed"

3)  The site itself seems to be slow, and one has to wait for several seconds before a selection is processed.  If one is at all impatient, things will not work as expected.

Hope this helps!

Jerry Feldman

Posted on Sat, 08/18/2018 - 16:01

I noticed a lot of my project photos are missing too. Also, I just finished my first tapestry, and wanted to add a photo of it, but every time I try to add it to my project page, I get a message saying “You are not authorized to access this page.” - it shows up in the Media Browser window that pops up when I click either the “Attach Media” or “Listing Item Image” buttons. Is anyone else having this problem? I’m on an iPad, not sure if that’s causing the problem or not, but I don’t have a computer anymore, so I hope that’s not the issue!

Also, how do I add my looms or my yarn? I don’t see anywhere to do it...

Posted on Thu, 08/30/2018 - 19:03

There are many 'things' that are not working or not linked. It seems that volunteers are working hard to repair and relink. So give them lots and lots of time. (they would rather be weaving, I am sure)

Needed is patience and non-negative comments. Check back much later.

Just an observation from a user. Lou

Posted on Mon, 09/10/2018 - 02:03

I have been waiting months now for my projects to show up.  There are three pages out of 23+ that I had on the old site.  So discouraging.  All that work.  Glad I printed them.  :-)

Tried to edit my profile pic.  Edit page never comes up.  Oh well.

The old site worked so well.